… Or so we (people at work) have heard so you know we had to go this year! This work trip was pretty fun. Not everyone went because not everyone was invited (thank God). But, sadly, some people didn’t even stay the entire time! Nonetheless, we had fun. Group tickets for 10+ people were only $22.50 and we got Flash Passes (speeds you up to the front of the line) for $20 (four passes only).
We all drove there, me and Prentyce in his car following Cedric, Bridget, and Carol. We didn’t really make any stops except to see the other group at Barstow. We went straight to our rooms at the Santa Clarita Motel ($71/night—I got a $3 discount because of my AAA membership). They were pretty nice. Our rooms were on the first floor, easy access! Small, but cozy place. We got the handicapped room. We got a really big bathroom. We all shared rooms because the place ran out of rooms (could you believe it? — I think it is because the people that own the place give the rooms to their family members.)
We ate at Popeye’s (the best chicken joint ever). Went to the mall. We played board games later that night and everyone got kind of hostile… even though they didn’t want to admit it. Mark’s brother Raul is good at Cranium… I’m so jealous! Teehee =) We tried playing Cranium Turbo Edition, but those mofo’s were complaining it was too hard. Can you believe that? Whatever. We also played Scattergories, Jenga, and Taboo.
- Parking costs $15 per car! Carpool to the park.
- The best ride was X
- Tatsu, their newest ride, wasn’t that great, but still worth riding
- Decent meal for one person, $10
- Get a souvenir cup, it’s worth it, plus $1 refills all day
- It’s not worth spending $5 a shot for a stupid stuffed animal
- Play the guess your age/weight game. They don’t check your license and their weighing scale is off by 20 pounds plus
- Caramel apples are so good! 2/$5
- They sell funnel cakes, but the lines are so long! Get in there early
- You can’t bring any food into the park, unless you have an infant or young child
- Metal detectors — don’t bring any guns/knives/etc. you delinquents!
- Lockers are $0.50-$1.00; but there are places on the ground where you can put your stuff before you get on the ride
- Waiting times for the lines were between 1-2 hours — get a Flash Pass
- Eat before you get into the park, food is expensive
- A colored caricature will run you $36/couple
Any-who, we had loads of fun and are planning a trip for later in the year again. Hopefully it won’t be closed?!