Today is the 2 month anniversary of my engagement to Prentyce. We haven’t done a crazy amount of wedding planning these past 2 months, but we have been house hunting. Unfortunately, that’s now also on hold since I can’t get around as easily as before. : (
Nonetheless, this is my 5 Things list for the week: What Being Engaged Really Means.
1. People assume you knew about the engagement. You would be surprised to know how many people were surprised to know that I was surprised when Prentyce proposed. Yes, I knew it was eventually going to happen (six years of dating is a long time) and I have told him what kind of ring I would like (when he asked). But, no, I didn’t pick out my ring and no, I didn’t know he was out looking, and no, I didn’t know he was going to propose. And while there are couples who are less traditional and decide cohesively to get married, we are not that kind of couple. I wanted him to get on bended knee and ask me to be his wife… and he did!
2. You have a beautiful ring that you just can’t stop staring at, especially when driving. Don’t get in a car accident & die because then you will never get to walk down the aisle.
3. You get asked a hundred million times when the wedding is going to be... even when you haven’t been engaged 24 hours yet!
4. You feel like you have a million things to do even though you haven’t even picked a date. Furthermore, he wants to be the caring fiancé and help you choose the flower girls dresses. Why?! Men aren’t supposed to care. Grr…
5. You have to move in together. It’s exciting… and not at the same time. You have to share a closet. *gasp* Your plans are no longer YOUR plans anymore. Take away the “y” from
your and suddenly, you aren’t allowed to plan your future as you have been doing. Decisions must be made.
This list of 5 will probably expand to 500 up until our big day. I don’t know what the future has in store for us, but I know that I love me some Prentyce Albright.
Happy 2-Month Engagement Anniversary Babe! (<— That’s me pretending that he actually reads my blog.)